Mrs. Novak

Welcome to my world!! Let the fun begin.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet The Teacher

I didn't really know what to expect on meet the teacher night. I was very nervous. I had spent the whole day getting my room ready. When five aclock came along I quickly changed into a nice dress and waited for my students to arrive. The anticipation was agonizing. I could see from my room the students and parents arriving. I didn't know which ones would end up being mine.

my palms were sweating by the time my first student came. I dont recall who as first because it all was such a blur. I think in all, sixteen out of 29 came. The parents were real sweet but I could tell they were sizing me up, especially the fathers. I dont know why. I just got the defensive vibe from the fathers who came while the mothers were friendly and talkative. Some of the parents wanted to talk my ear off about their child, what I could expect, what they were hoping for me to do and so on while others just wanted to meet me and go home.

Someone told me before the night began that I should fake it until I make it. I am still thinking about that one. I am not so sure my parents would want to know if their teachers had to fake it. I have to admit though, that night I wondered if I was right for the job. It is scary to be in charge of 29 students education. I left there determined to not fake it ever if I could. I wanted to be what they were hoping for, for them and for me.

Your Teacher

No comments: