Mrs. Novak

Welcome to my world!! Let the fun begin.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Prologue

In less than two weeks the journey I have been preparing for, for the past seven years will finally begin. I honestly do not know how I managed to get to this point. The truth is, I had many obstacles that could have faltered all of my plans. The economy is horrible for all, teacher jobs are scarce and the competition is tremendous. But somehow I got a job. So here I am, weeks away from walking into the classroom for the first time.

I can not begin to say how grateful I feel to not only have a job but to have a job as a teacher, even with the lack of decent pay. A little back ground on me is that I was a waitress before this. I worked very hard, for even less money than I will have as a teacher, so teaching is actually a step up for me. I am really looking forward to having something I can have some control over, something that I can feel good about and something that brings more meaning to my life.

Until now, my children and husband have been my biggest successes. I have been fine with that, but I knew that someday I would contribute more to this world and so here I am, about to embark on the scariest journey of all. I will be teaching third grade at a time when funds for teachers are scarce, futures for families are uncertain and pink slips continuously lurk, waiting to be handed out.

This brings me to why I want to document it. I want people to know just what teachers go through. I want people to know how hard it actually is and I want people to know exactly what teachers do for their children. I will approach this story with no boundaries. If I am frustrated, I will say so, if I am scared I will explain why, if I feel I have done well I will pat myself on the back, and I will not hold back my thoughts. I will not worry about if what I am saying offends someone because what I will be going through is real. It will be emotional, it will be blunt and it Will be unpredictable. It will be life behind the lines of the education world uncensored. Maybe, this blog will teach teacher appreciation on a new level. Maybe it will bore you. I don't know but what it will do is get me through what will without a doubt be the best and worst year of my adventure so far. So, join me, if you dare.

Best regards;

Your Teacher

3 comments:

Ester said...

Tammy, I think this is a terrific idea. I also started a blog, but about a different topic...baby making, lol! Doing this has so many benefits....it allows you to put your thoughts & emotions down "on paper," it allows people to learn from you, & it allows you to reflect, grow, & learn. I look forward to following you & your journey. Just so you know, you will make an amazing teacher! Love ya!

T.M. Novak said...

Ester I would love to follow your blog...where can I find it.

Ester said...

http://mooreodyssey.blogspot.com/